Top News Stories...
The University and FILA Cadet Greco-Roman world team's are set after an eventful day of wrestling in Akron, OH...
Wrestling has a small lead over Squash going into the final four days. Let's finish strong and win this poll. Vote often and share this with your friends....
All of the 2013 U.S. Open champions, including World medalist Helen Maroulis (pictured) will compete for the USA against Canada and Ukraine at Niagara Falls....
Jim Scherr of the USA (pictured) is joined by FILA President Nenad Lalovic, Carol Huynh, Daniel Igali and Lise LeGrand as presenters at key May 29 meeting in St. Petersburg, Russia....
USA Wrestling Weekly’s October 12, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, October 12, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the 2012 University World Championships in Kourtane, Finland, including gold medalists Max Nowry in Greco-Roman and Adeline Gray in women’s freestyle, plus bronze medalist Jamel Johnson in Greco-Roman
• Interview with USA Wrestling national coaches at the University World Championships: Ike Anderson, Terry Steiner and Bill Zadick.
• Coverage of the Dmitry Korkin International in Yakutsk, Russia, including silver medalist Les Sigman and Max Askren, and bronze medalists Chase Pami and Keith Gavin.
• Preseason rankings for WCWA women’s college wrestling with preview of returning stars
• Field for 50th Ken Kraft Midlands Championships announced.
• NWCA All-Star Classic sells out weeks before it will be held on Nov. 3 in Washington, D.C.
• Preview of USA Wrestling Pre-Season Nationals set for Cedar Falls, Iowa, Nov. 3-4
• Free U.S. Olympic Wrestling Team posters available for free via download from USA Wrestling
• Minnesota Storm Holiday Cup event created in Rochester, Minn., Dec. 14-15
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Jimmy Roberson, with a photo of five-year-old Payson Roberson of the Vittum Cats of Palos, Ill. hitting a headlock in competition.
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org