USA Wrestling Weekly’s March 8, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, March 8, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Update on the Keep Wrestling In the Olympics campaign, including strong international and national sport for wrestling
• Coverage of Women’s World Cup in Ulan Baator, Mongolia, including interview with National Women’s Coach Terry Steiner
• Coverage of Medved International in Minsk, Belarus, including interview with National Freestyle Coach Zeke Jones
• Jordan Burroughs named finalist for AAU Sullivan Award, for nation’s top amateur athlete
• Coverage from the NAIA National Championships in Des Moines, Iowa, won by Grand View, with interviews with Eric Thompson, Gustavo Martinez and Nick Mitchell
• Coverage of the Pac 12 Championships in Tempe, Ariz., including interviews with Jim Zalesky and Mike Mangrum
• U.S. history in the Olympic Games in wrestling, including some of the greatest stars of all time
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Michelle Macy, with a photo depicting nine-year-old Kayla Macy placing second in her league wrestling tournament at 50 pounds. Kayla loves wrestling and hopes to wrestle in the Olympics some day.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media. Com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com