Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|Massachusetts USA Wrestling develops “Stance In Motion” scholarship program to benefit wrestling|
By Aaron Polansky Massachusetts USA Wrestling
For the past three years Massachusetts USA Wrestling has been working diligently to create a strong financial base in order to support the development of amateur wrestling in the state of Massachusetts. Through the implementation of our IRONMAN Tournament Series, our Coaches Education Programs, our Spring and Summer Tournament schedule and several other wrestling based initiatives, we have created an opportunity to take on a gigantic undertaking and financially support the implementation of a full wrestling program on an annual basis.
The 2005-2006 USA Wrestling season will mark the first year of our Stance in Motion Program where at least one organization will receive close to $10,000 in scholarship money to support the implementation or development of a major wrestling program.
The Massachusetts USA Wrestling Board of Directors has taken a strong stance on the importance of our grass roots programs. In an effort to increase opportunities for Massachusetts youth wrestlers and coaches we are so proud to be introducing the Stance in Motion program.
Stance in Motion is being introduced in through an application process where interested organizations may apply for a Stance in Motion starter package to help put their new programs in motion. The Stance in Motion package will include the following:
* $5000 toward the purchase of a new wrestling mat
* $1000 toward the expense of hosting a USA Wrestling Tournament
* Singlets for up to 50 wrestlers
* Warm-up jackets for 50 wrestlers
* Head gear for 50 wrestlers
* Three 1-night clinic by a member of the MA USA Wrestling Elite Training Staff
Stance in Motion recipients will be selected by the Massachusetts USA Wrestling Board of Directors through utilization of a thorough screening process. Recipients will be announced once a year on the date of the Massachusetts Interscholastic Athletic Association State Team Tournament Finals.
As a first step, interested applicants must submit the Intent to Apply form to State Director, Aaron Polansky by October 1st. Intent to apply forms can be secured by contacting Aaron Polansky at email@example.com.
Once a program has declared intent to apply, a contact person will be notified of dates for all programs required to complete the Stance in Motion application checklist below. The Massachusetts USA Wrestling Coaches Education programs can all be completed during a 1-day commitment. Organizations interested in being considered for a full or partial Stance in Motion package must submit the following:
* Intent to Apply form to Aaron Polansky, MA USA Wrestling State Director by October 1st.
* Written proposal outlining the vision for your program and why your program should be selected to receive the Stance in Motion scholarship. The proposal should include the number of wrestlers the program will service, the age range the program will service, the costs for those participating in the program, the length of time the program will run, the number of days per week the program will run, the location where the program will run, the coaches responsible for organization and implementation of the program, a letter from the facility agreeing to serve as the host location for your program, the places you will publicize the introduction of your program, a sample flier for advertisement of the program.
* Agree to host a tournament sanctioned by MA USA Wrestling (proceeds to benefit MA USA Wrestling).
* Two individuals from your organization must earn certification as an USA Wrestling Official (1-day commitment).
* All program coaches must complete the USA Wrestling Bronze Certification Course before being considered for the Stance in Motion package (1-day commitment).
* Three letters of endorsement from the community supporting your wrestling program.
* Letter from your high school Athletic Director supporting implementation of a youth wrestling program.
* Entire coaching staff must complete the MA USA Wrestling Freestyle and Greco-Roman rules certification training (1-day commitment).
Intent to Apply
Town where program will run:
Local High School:
Age group program will service:
Circle one: NEW PROGRAM or ESTABLISHED (if so, how many years)
Mail completed Stance in Motion intent to apply form by October 1, 2005 to:
Aaron L. Polansky, Director
Stance in Motion Scholarship Program
197 Flint Road
Charlton, MA 01507