USA WRESTLING JOB OPPORTUNITY
Position: Communications Editorial Coordinator
Total # supervised: n/a
Assist with the management of USA Wrestling's editorial activities, including official publications, internet pages and promotional materials. Write and edit articles to be included in USA Wrestling's various publications. Assist on the design of USA Wrestling publications and printed materials. Assist with the development of graphics for USA Wrestling publications. Assist with other communications activities of the Development Department.
* Assist with the writing and editing and management of USA Wrestling's internal publications, including USA Wrestler, Link On-Line, the Complete Coach, as well as Amateur Wrestling Alliance materials.
* Writing and editing of editorial content for TheMat.com, the internet page for the Amateur Wrestling Alliance.
* Creation of press releases, event programs, promotional materials and other written projects for the organization,
* Provide support and input for a variety of communications projects.
* Three to five years related experience, with strong editorial skills
* Bachelor's Degree in journalism or related area.
* Strong computer skills on IBM and Mac formats, including design programs for publications and the internet.
* Background in wrestling a plus. Background in sports reporting a must.
* Must be deadline oriented and a proven team player.
Standard office equipment
Office environment in multi-story building.
Some national travel.
Position reports to the Director of Communications
Send cover letter, resume and references immediately to: Communications Director, USA Wrestling, 6155 Lehman Dr., Colorado Springs, CO 80918, Fax- 719-598-9440.