Top News Stories...
Recap of the first day of action at the 2013 FILA Cadet Freestyle Nationals in Akron, Ohio...
The quarterfinal match-ups are set at the 2013 University Nationals in Akron, Ohio...
Andrew Howe makes his much anticipated return to competition at University Nationals after tearing his ACL at the 2012 Olympic Team Trials...
Teams from Sweden, Norway, Honduras and the USA are competing in Greco in this World Wrestling Month event. Fans can watch on a live video stream....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s September 7, 2012 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, September 7, 2012, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a new half-hour news broadcast which will be produced on a weekly basis. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of the FILA Junior World Championships in Pattaya, Thailand, with update on the Greco-Roman competition, featuring World bronze medalist Jesse Thielke and seventh-place finisher Geordan Speiller.
• The role of Regional Training Centers in U.S. international wrestling success, with comments from National Freestyle Coach Zeke Jones
• Women’s Team USA in serious training, with tryouts for the 2012 Women’s World Championships set for mid-September
• Interviews with Olympic medalist Clarissa Chun, who automatically gets U.S. spot on team to compete in 2012 Women’s World Championships in Canada, Sept. 27-29
• Interviews with Olympians Kelsey Campbell and Elena Pirozhkova about World Team tryouts
• Return of men’s freestyle and Greco-Roman athletes to training at the U.S. Olympic Training Center, with Moza Fay and Ben Sanchez interviews
• National Greco-Roman Coach Steve Fraser talks about U.S. Greco-Roman future plans
• W.I.N. Magazine honors Summer RPI winners for success in USA Wrestling events
• NCAA wrestling champion Curley Culp nominated for Pro Football Hall of Fame
• And Much More
There is a new embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is now aired on television by:
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; InterMatWrestle.com; Takedown Media. Com; Tech-Fall.com, USA Wrestling – Tennessee, The Open Mat, USA Wrestling – Kansas, Lighthouse Wrestling, Maryland USA Wrestling, NYwrestling.com, BTSusa.org, and BTSgear.com.
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Chad Kriz of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at email@example.com.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Jason Bryant of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org