Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|Making A Difference Tournament set for Fresno, CA on Sunday, November 11th|
By California USA Wrestling
USA Wrestling and California USA Wrestling will be putting on a Making A Difference wrestling tournament on Sunday, November 11th, 2012 at Selland Arena, Fresno, Calif.
Making a Difference Tournaments focus on supporting college wrestling and all money raised goes directly to support college programs. In order to create maximum awareness and support of college wrestling, USA Wrestling will extend a free, one-day membership to all participants in November 11th Making a Difference event.
As an added bonus, the Cal State Bakersfield Road Runner Open will be wrestled on the day prior to the Making a Difference tournament – this event begins at noon on Saturday November 10th. All kids with a student ID and coaches with a current USA coach’s card will be allowed FREE ADMISSION TO WATCH. The following teams are confirmed with more to be added: Stanford Cal Poly, CSUB, Drexel, Naval Academy, Arizona State, Grand Canyon, San Francisco State University, Cal Baptist University, Menlo College, Simpson University, Bakersfield College, and Fresno City College.
On Sunday November 11 we return for the kids events. Wrestling begins right at 8 am.
Divisions are: Bantam, Intermediate, Novice, Middle School, Freshmen/Sophomore, Junior/Senior, and High School Girls.
This event is part of California USA Wrestling’s Triple Crown Series: Both for Kids, and The Open Division.
Registration and Fees:
• $40, or (Free if you placed at a local event) registration online ONLY through Track Wrestling at:
• Registration ends November 10 online, and November 11th on site - go to www.ca-usaw.org for weigh-in times, and wrestling start times.
• Coaches floor pass is free for coaches with Bronze certification or higher.
• Current USA Wrestling member coaches will receive free admission to the Arena. Coach’s cards can be purchased online at:
• Important Note: USA Wrestling Coaching memberships require a background check so please allow a minimum 2 weeks before receiving your membership. If you applied for membership, but have not received it, you will still need to pay for admission. Admission will only get you into the building, you must purchase a floor pass to be allowed on the floor.
• 100% of the net profits will benefit CSU Bakersfield
For more information or questions about the California USA Wrestling multipurpose arena, please contact Rob Valero at 559-275-9478 or Calusarob@aol.com.
About California USA Wrestling: California USA Wrestling is a non-profit organization committed to the success and health of their athletes and dedicated to the promotion and preservation of collegiate and international styles of amateur wrestling. As the official California affiliate of USA Wrestling, the national governing board for international-style amateur wrestling in the United States, the club is responsible for the organization and execution of sanctioned USA Wrestling events in the state. California USA Wrestling educates the community about the styles of wrestling and the value of being involved in the sport. They strive to provide fun, exciting and well-planned events and improve the quality of California wrestling at the competitive level. For more information, visit www.ca-usaw.org.