Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|Dan Gable Experience auction will benefit museum in Gable's hometown|
By Dan Gable Museum
WATERLOO, Iowa — The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum and Mudd Advertising have partnered to release The Dan Gable Experience, an exclusive online auction.
The winner of the auction receives a special opportunity to interact with Dan Gable, one of the greatest icons in all of sport. The Dan Gable Experience will take place during the Iowa versus Penn State wrestling dual meet on Friday, Feb. 1, 2013, in Iowa City. Iowa and Penn State have combined for the last five NCAA team championships in wrestling, with Penn State winning the last two.
“I am honored to showcase our sport of wrestling, especially in a championship atmosphere,” said Gable.
Mudd Advertising, based out of Cedar Falls, Iowa, is a recognized leader in traditional and digital marketing across the nation. Mudd Advertising has seen great success over the last 31 years in business and partners with over 3,000 automotive clients across the nation each year. Mudd Advertising considers Gable to be a true mentor for effective leadership and success.
“Mudd Advertising supports the efforts of Dan Gable to inspire students, athletes and businesses to rise to the highest levels of achievement,” said Gary Kroeger, a former cast member of Saturday Night Live who currently works for Mudd Advertising. “Gable’s message, as evidenced by his accomplishments, embodies the principles of hard work, dedication, commitment, goals and unwavering spirit. As a company we embrace these principles and we are proud to partner with Dan Gable and the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum.”
All proceeds from the auction will benefit the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum, a not-for-profit organization committed to advancing the sport of wrestling. The Gable Museum is located in Gable’s hometown of Waterloo, Iowa.
Gable won three individual state wrestling titles at West Waterloo (1964-1966) and compiled a 64-0 career high school record. He went on to win two individual NCAA titles at Iowa State University with a career college record of 117-1. Gable won an Olympic gold medal at the 1972 Munich Olympics without surrendering a point.
During his tenure as head wrestling coach, Gable led the University of Iowa to 15 NCAA championships and 21 consecutive Big 10 titles in 21 seasons (1977-1997). In 2000, Sports Illustrated named him the top sports figure in the state of Iowa.
There are three statues throughout Iowa dedicated to Dan Gable’s legacy, including one outside of Carver-Hawkeye Arena in Iowa City, Iowa. On October 25, 2012, Iowa Governor Terry Branstad declared Dan Gable Day statewide.
The Dan Gable Experience includes:
1. Four tickets to the Iowa dual on February 1, 2013, against Cael Sanderson and the two-time defending NCAA team champions Penn State. An extra ticket will be provided for a special guest appearance by an Iowa wrestling legend.
2. Tour with Dan Gable of his house in Iowa City, which includes his personal wrestling room, his trophy room, his workout facility in his cabin, his sauna, and his “Rocky-style” workout facility in his shed.
3. Dan Gable will provide a tour of the Dan Gable Wrestling Complex at Carver Hawkeye-Arena.
4. Four Caldera warm up jackets and four pairs of running shoes provided by ASICS.
5. Four autographed Dan Gable posters personalized by Dan Gable, plus other specialty items.
6. Four National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum t-shirts.
7. Four Dan Gable shirts from Ironside Apparel. This includes a meet and greet with Iowa’s two-time NCAA wrestling champion Mark Ironside at his all Hawkeye, all the time Iowa wrestling store.
8. Personal tour of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum in Waterloo.
9. Dinner for four the night of the dual meet.
10. Hotel stay courtesy of Kinseth Hospitality. Bruce Kinseth was an NCAA wrestling champion for Gable in 1979. He pinned his way through the Big Ten tournament and the NCAA tournament that year.
Click here to bid on this exclusive opportunity
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
ABOUT THE NATIONAL WRESTLING HALL OF FAME DAN GABLE MUSEUM
The National Wrestling Hall of Fame Dan Gable Museum is a not-for-profit organization based out of Waterloo, Iowa. The mission of the National Wrestling Hall of Fame is to preserve history, recognize excellence, and inspire future generations.