Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s March 22, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, March 22, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Coverage of NCAA Div. III National Championships in Cedar Rapids, Iowa, with interviews of all 10 individual champions, and Jim Miller, coach of Wartburg, the national champions
• Coverage of the NCWA National Championships in Allen, Texas, including video from all 11 finals matches.
• Preview of the 2013 NCAA Div. I National Championships, with the announcement of the top seeds in each weight class.
• Coverage of the Armed Forces Championships in Fort Dix, N.J.
• Update on Junior Greco-Roman dual meets in Austria
• Perspective on the effort to Keep Wrestling In the Olympics, from Olympian Rob Eiter and past Olympic coaches Bruce Burnett and Greg Strobel
• Willie Gadson, outstanding athlete and coach, passes at age 59 after heroic battle with cancer
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was by Jango Strong, depicting Brandon Savage of Mt. St. Joe’s Club in Maryland winning the 90-pound county wrestling title
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media. Com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com