Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|USA Wrestling Weekly’s May 3, 2013 broadcast posted for viewing|
By Gary Abbott USA Wrestling
The USA Wrestling Weekly broadcast for Friday, May 3, 2013, has been posted for fans to enjoy.
USA Wrestling Weekly is a half-hour news broadcast which is produced on a weekly basis, and debuted in January 2011. Presented in a news format, it provides updated information on USA Wrestling activities, as well as a variety of feature segments.
To see this week’s episode, visit the following link:
This week’s show included the following feature segments:
• Announcement of United 4 Wrestling, the USA vs. Iran dual meet in Los Angeles, Calif. On Sunday May 19, as part of World Wrestling Month with Zeke Jones interview
• U.S. lineup announced for Curby Cup in LaGrange, Ill. on May 11, with six U.S. Open champions on the team, and a Steve Fraser interview
• Coverage of the U.S. Beach Nationals in Carolina Beach, N.C. with interviews of Senior champions Donovan DePatto, C.J. Meyers, Jarrett Payne, Ike Okoli and Christen Dierken.
• FILA launches new advertising campaign, “to wrestle is to be human.”
• A new international wrestling website, International Wrestling News, is launched by Amateur Wrestling News
• Coverage of FILA Junior National freestyle championships from Las Vegas, with interviews of Aaron Pico and Ben Whitford.
• U.S. Grappling World Team Trials coverage in Las Vegas, with interviews of Brandon Ruiz, Shane Cross, Veronica Graves and Jayson Patino
• CPOW Update including donations from USAW associations in Kansas and Connecticut, man runs Boston Marathon in a wrestling singlet and Brazil joins Save Olympic Wrestling Coalition
• And Much More
The USA Wrestling Weekly Photo of the Week contest winner was Frank Vulcano, with a photo that depicts Garrett Vulcano of Chartiers-Houston High School taking down Adam Geiger of Camp Hill Trinity in the 195-pound semifinals at the Pennsylvania Class AA state championships.
The show is moderated by veteran wrestling broadcaster Scott Casber and is scheduled for distribution each Friday on TheMat.com.
Each episode will also be posted on USA Wrestling’s YouTube Channel. In addition, USA Wrestling Weekly will be offered to a variety of websites, and will also be available to television networks across the nation.
USA Wrestling Weekly is aired on television across the nation through the USA Wrestling Weekly Television Network. Partners include:
• Time Warner Cable SportsChannel, with viewers across upstate New York
• Oklahoma Cox Cable, which reaches viewers in the Oklahoma City/Norman and the Tulsa metropolitan areas.
• Mediacom Cable, with distribution in six Midwestern states, bringing USA Wrestling news to one of the biggest wrestling hotbeds in the nation.
• The Fight Now USA cable network, with distribution in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut
• Long Lines Cable, with distribution in Eastern Nebraska, Western Iowa and SW South Dakota.
• CATV Service, which has served the Central Susquehanna Valley in Pennsylvania for over 55 years.
• Midco Sports Network, which services North Dakota, South Dakota and Minnesota
• Time Warner Sports Texas, with 1.1 million homes in Texas
• KWEM TV 31 – Sudden Link Cable in Stillwater, Okla.
• CCN in Danville, Pa.
• Western Reserve Cable 9 in Ohio
• Time Warner Sports in Kentucky, Source 16
USA Wrestling staff participates extensively in creating the content for the show. The production of USA Wrestling Weekly is handled by Takedown Wrestling Media, which produces a variety of other wrestling broadcast products. The Lead Producer for the show is Brad Johnson of Takedown Wrestling Media. Feedback is encouraged, and should be sent to Gary Abbott of USA Wrestling at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Current USA Wrestling Weekly website partners: Colorado USA Wrestling; Takedown Media. Com; USA Wrestling – Tennessee; USA Wrestling – Kansas; Maryland USA Wrestling
There is an embeddable video player on TheMat.com which allows fans and media to view the most recent episode of USA Wrestling Weekly, and cycle through past episodes. This player can be embedded in websites, blogs and other online media outlets.
Websites interested in adding USA Wrestling Weekly should contact Richard Immel of USA Wrestling at email@example.com