Top News Stories...
This week, TheMat.com will move to the USOC platform, with a new look, new functionality, but with the same favorite features....
Shockley will succeed long-time chairman Jim Keen. Sr. as Chairman of the Board....
The Hawkeye senior will battle Virginia Tech's Devin Carter in the NWCA All-Star Classic on Saturday....
Cleveland, Kansas City, Louisville, New York City, Oklahoma City, Pittsburgh, Philadelphia & St. Louis are Div. I finalists. Div. II and III finalists also announced....
|The Smart Play for Retirement|
By Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsible Sports program
Brought to you by the Liberty Mutual Insurance Responsible Sports program
As a coach, you work hard for your money. Very hard.
And you fully understand not just the value of a hard-earned victory, but the value of a hard-earned dollar as well.
You also understand as well as anyone that true success is predicated on smart planning. When it comes to planning for your retirement, you want to make the same smart, strategic decisions that create positive outcomes – just like you do on the field.
Liberty Mutual Insurance and Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston understand how hard you work to plan and save for your retirement.
And all of us are devoted to helping people live safer, more secure lives. As the third largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S., we understand that when it comes to responsibility, you can never stop planning for success.
The Fixed Deferred Annuity Game Plan.
Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a Liberty Mutual company, offers a variety of fixed deferred annuities to help you smartly save for your retirement.
But just what is a fixed deferred annuity? And just how does it work?
A fixed deferred annuity is designed to help you accumulate funds for your retirement – in a manner that can minimize risks. If you’re looking for a smart way to protect your retirement savings and also want to avoid investments tied to the stock market, a fixed deferred annuity may be the ideal choice for you.
You purchase a fixed deferred annuity with either a single payment or a series of payments. Your money earns interest at a fixed rate – a rate that will never drop below a minimum rate guaranteed by the issuing company.
Meanwhile, your money grows tax deferred – meaning you don’t pay taxes on your earnings until you withdraw money from your annuity. The taxes you would normally pay on interest earnings stay in your annuity and earn interest. Compounding your gains help the value of your account grow faster.
Many annuities provide access to your money through penalty-free withdrawals.1 And when you choose, you can turn the value of your annuity into a stream of income that will last as long as you do.
Reap The Many Benefits.
As you can see, the benefits of a fixed deferred annuity withLiberty Life Assurance Company of Boston are many. They include:
• Safety: Unlike other types of annuities, the money in a fixed deferred annuity grows at a guaranteed interest rate. This means that your account value will never go down – unless you choose to make withdrawals.
• Income Generation: Fixed deferred annuities give you the choice to receive guaranteed payments for a specific time period or even the rest of your life. Such a predictable income stream can help you plan for the goals you want to achieve during retirement.
• Tax-Deferred Growth: The money in your annuity accumulates on a tax-deferred basis. That means you don’t pay taxes on your earnings until you withdraw the money. Because of tax deferral, your money may grow faster in an annuity than it might in a similar, taxable investment.
• Guaranteed Death Benefit: In the event of your death, your annuity’s account value will be paid directly to your beneficiary.
• Access To Your Money: With most fixed annuities, you can access a portion of your money each year after the first year without any withdrawal charges. And after a certain length of time, most fixed annuities will allow you to access your money whenever you choose – or to receive automatic withdrawals without paying withdrawal charges. Finally, when you’re ready, you can turn the value of your annuity into a guaranteed stream of income that will last as long as you live. 1
• Security: Buying an annuity from a reliable company with a strong financial history gives you the confidence to know your money will be there when you need it.
• Simplicity & Transparency: With guaranteed rates2 and easy-to-understand payment options, fixed deferred annuities are one of the most straightforward retirement savings options available.
• Timed Withdrawals To Minimize Taxes: To minimize taxes, you can time your withdrawals to begin in later years, when your taxable income may be less.
Find The Plan That’s Best For You.
To best meet your individual wants and needs both now and at your retirement, Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston offers you a variety of options when it comes to fixed deferred annuity products.
These options include, but are not limited to, single premium deferred annuities, where you make just one lump-sum premium payment and flexible payment deferred annuities, which are funded by periodic payments made annually, semi-annually, quarterly or monthly.
To help you better understand the variety of choices available to you, we’ve set up a helpful online home. You can learn more about the ins and outs of fixed deferred annuities, and which product is the ideal fit for you, atLibertyMutual.com/Life-Insurance/Annuities. This valuable microsite includes a quick-reference graphical breakdown of the different annuity products, which is also available immediately here.
Make the Call.
So why not make sure you game plan properly and prudently for your retirement? To learn more and get a free, no-obligation quote today, talk to one of our licensed agents in your community or call us toll-free at 888-712-2166. You can also visit us online at LibertyMutal.com, ResponsiblesSports.com or LibertyMutual.com/Life-Insurance/Annuities.
Thanks to an exclusive partnership between USA Wrestling and Liberty Mutual Insurance, members of USA Wrestling could be eligible for exclusive group savings on auto and home insurance.*
*Discounts and savings are available where state laws and regulations allow, and may vary by state. To the extent permitted by law, applicants are individually underwritten, not all applicants may qualify.
1. Withdrawals are subject to tax on any gain in the contract and, if taken before age 59 ½ may be subject to a 10% federal tax penalty. In addition, withdrawals will reduce the death benefit and account value. Clients should consult a tax advisor.
2. All guarantees are backed by the continued claims paying ability of Liberty Mutual Insurance Company. Claims-paying obligations are the sole responsibility of the policy issuing insurer. Obligations under a guarantee are the sole responsibility of the entity issuing the guarantee.
Life insurance and annuities are issued by Liberty Life Assurance Company of Boston, a Liberty Mutual company. Product availability may vary by state. Features and benefits may vary based on state approval. Home office: Boston, Mass. Service center: Dover, N.H.
©2013 Liberty Mutual Insurance